Monday, March 14, 2011

Melissa Healy: Days of Grace


Throughout high school there have been a series of days where I have learned to put my trust in God; I call them snow days. While there are many people who dislike snow days because it means difficulty getting to work (when they are still obligated to go), young ones are unable to attend daycare, the driveway needs to be shoveled, etc., I find that snow days are a blessing from God. There will come a time when I will probably have to worry about those things as well, but for now I get to enjoy those rare moments when my parents shut off my alarm clock on a school day. Since I am in what is known as the most difficult year of high school, I definitely treasure the times that God gives me that 24 hour break from the stress of school and homework. They always seem to come when I need it the most, so I’ve learned to trust God in that He will help me out. I understand that snow days may not be as big of a deal to others, but for me it is the best feeling when I look out the window and see the beautiful white blanket outside that has yet to be touched by dirty (although helpful) plows. Winter is my favorite season because of this, so how could I not trust that God will give me those days of grace?

No comments:

Post a Comment