Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Priscilla Gerrard: A Sweet Silence


For me it was a feeling.

We have been members of Calvary Church for many years. There was a time several years back when I took a hiatus from Calvary. It was a very difficult thing for me to do, but at the time it was a necessary point in my life. Through this time, I attended services at other churches but was never able to commit to them.


I was out one beautiful evening, taking a walk. My route took me past my beloved Calvary. I missed attending and felt a tug to go up the front steps. The door was open and I stepped into the Narthex. I was met with silence. I went into the very back of the church and sat in this silence.
As I sat quietly, taking in all of those familiar sights and smells, I felt the sensation of a soft, warm shawl being draped over my shoulders. I was enveloped in an overwhelming sense of peace and calm. This sense is difficult for me to describe but it was so profound. It was at that moment I knew God was with me and would remain with me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment