Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Paula Noyes: Seeing God's Hand

I don't think there was ever a time I didn't trust God. I think and somehow know that God has a path for each of us and his bigger Path that only he knows. I feel at almost 59 I have a vantage point on my life and my path where I can see his hand in my small life and in the lives of my family and generations. The Spanish Flu of 1918 killed 50 million people. This was a terrible event, especially at the end of World War I. Many experts claim that event separated the ‘wheat from the chaff’ as it were and left the hardy, ‘never say die’ Greatest Generation that defeated the Axis powers in World War II. God’s mighty hand is there because that flu had nothing to stop it. There were no medicines; it just stopped when everyone that could be consumed was consumed.

God’s hand was with us when we chose Thea as our ‘shepherd’ and when we chose our previous rectors. Good, bad or indifferent they each have played their role in the Divine Plan. Not to say there isn’t free will – but that is a story for another time.

Yes, I trust God and let him guide me and comfort me daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment